Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Head injury, pain in head, confused

I got hit in the face with a soccer ball, it was hard enough to leave a mark in my cheek.. and now my head is hurting, after i got hit i was all confused for a bit, and now im confused again, and plus my head hurts.. and i keep zoning out.. what do i do.. I want to tell my parents but i dont want to sound stupid saying its a concussion if it isnt
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello there,
Please do not hesitate to inform your parents if you get injured. Getting hit with a ball does not mean that the injury is mild or can be left alone. A person can receive a serious injury with any moving object and it not necessarily have to be something hard as a metal or a fall on the ground.
Discuss your symptoms very clearly with your parents and keep them informed.
A concussion is a minor head injury that can result in loss of consciousness or confusion.
A mark on the cheek is just an external injury that you have mentioned. There could have been an internal injury as well. If you are unable to stay alert or awake, feel dizzy, or develop vomiting episodes, it certainly needs a medical evaluation. Do not think you will sound silly if you discuss with anyone.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 12 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor