Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Having the feeling of hurting other people, depression. Treatment?

Hi, I am 31 years old female. I am dealing with one strange thought of mine. Sometimes out of sudden I feel like hitting people or throwing things or breaking things or making noise. This happens anytime during day. I have not done that but I am always worried why I feel this and I should not do this in real ever. For an example if I am watching a movie in theater I will feel like throwing something like mobile in my hand . I am not sure how I started feeling like this. But I am many times under pressure because of this. Apart from this I also feel like I am dealing with depression though I have not consulted anyone so far I would like to do that in near future but for above problem please help me. At least I would want to know why do I feel like that. I am married for last 5 years. When me and my husband fight he throws things in anger sometimes , after seeing this twice or thrice I also did that but I do not think its related to my weird thought as these thought comes any time without any prior indication or problem.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi rnamishah11.

Thanks for you question.


you have impulse control disorder where a person can not tolerate his wish to do things according to his wish and fulfill her wish immediately

I think you have underlying bipolar disorder .what are the symptoms when you feel depressed? that all questions to be answer and that need evalution so please go to a psychiatrist tell your history details and he will help you.

Best wishes
Answered: Wed, 4 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. J. Clive Spiegel's  Response
Your issues are complex. Certainly, if you think you are suffering from depression, you should consult a psychiatrist or mental health practitioner as soon as possible. As for the impulsivity/explosivity, this could be related to several different issues. People with intermittent explosive disorder (an impulse control disorder) often cannot control their mental and physical impulses. Sometimes this is a manifestation of a personality disorder or even posttraumatic stress disorder. It's essential to consult a mental health professional to get the right diagnosis and treatment in this case. Best of luck and do feel better!
Answered: Thu, 5 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor