Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Having specific pain in the left side of chest. How to get relief from it?

Hello, I am almost 45 years old and have been having specific pain in the left side of my chest for almost three years now. I have seen a cardiologist , who did a nuclear stress test and diagnosed me with angina, but he also said that my specific chest pain was what he called one finger pain and was nothing to worry about. When it comes, it s always in the same location and it only happens on taking a breath in. I think I have narrowed it down to gas, but the pain calls my attention to something more worrisome, which is the pulse I feel just under my left breast . It seems exaggerated and out of place, especially when I lie on my right side. Should I be feeling a strong, throbbing pulse on my left side just under the left side of my breast? I don t really have any options to have it checked out since I m self-employed now, and thanks to the diagnosis of angina, uninsurable. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
If you have a real diagnosis of angina...then that means you have cardiac ischemia....or decreased blood flow to your heart. If that's the case then you need to be under the care and treatment of a cardiologist. I would recommend you see a cardiologist or go to the ER to be evaluated.
Answered: Wed, 19 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor