Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Having severe back pain. MRI scan done. Treatment?

Dear doctor, I gave birth to my son 5 years ago. During the birth the midwife got me to lie on my left side and flipped me over very quickly back on to my back, at that point my son was born. Straight after the birth I was ask to get up to show ect however I had no feeling in iv legs and could move them to walk. I was like that for two joke days before I got any feeling back and was able to walk again. I did not have an epidural all I had was gas and air why giving birth. 5 years on now am still having problems. The bottom off my back feels like a big bruise and if any one go,s to hug me or pat me on the back unexpected and cry in pain it's that painful. Iv had an MRI scan and it did a small rip in the muscle and a slip disc but the doctor said they don't no what it could be and have offer me strong pain killers. Am not in pererment pain it's only when the area is touched so am not really happy to take this tablets. Please could you help may thanks mrs Kelly Bescoby.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain in the area of back only on touching it is not likely to be due to a disc prolapse. This more likely to be due to a nerve sensitivity. Taking pregabalin and methylcobalamin supplements are likely to help.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Sun, 23 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor