Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Having serious diarrhea. X-ray showed gas in system. What can I do to get relief?

i had a serious diarreah attack today after sufering from days of gas and bloating . I found what looks like an 18 inch piece of dental floss in my stool . I had bad cramps the remainder of the day and went to the er tonight and they dismissed the dental floss by saying it was probably in the toilet already and you did not notice it. I am not sure. They took xrays which just proved i had a lot of gas in my system. I still don t feel right. They gave me a shot for cramping and pain which helped but I still feel my stomach rumbling.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Hello welcome to HCM,
You are suffering from diarrhea either by food poisoning or due to foreign body as u said piece of dental floss. abdominal bloating and cramps are common in diarrhea nothing to worry it will take 2 to 3 days to cure. In diarrhea there is lot of fluid and electrolyte loss (sodium and potassium )so try to have 8 glasses of water in between your meals and even electrol powder. eat solid food stuffs like bananas, apple, rice ,fruit juices without pulp, yogurt helps in good digestion.Antibiotic like ofloxacin with ornidazole twice daily gives relief. apart from this consult your doctor if it gets worse, get well soon .
Answered: Fri, 18 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor