Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Having pain during stool passing. Diagnosed as anal fissure. Reappears after stopping medicine. Should I go for surgery?

hi doctor i m having extreme pain during stool passing .i saw an extended part inside anu. i went to a surgeon he told its an anal fissure .he told me to apply diltiazem cream and to hv a sitz bath.after three days i wz after fifteen days again i again noticed an extended part inside my anus and severe pain during stool passing.i went to d same doctor nd he gave me same was okay but after 10days again pain started bt this time there was no extended part just pain nd i went to d same doctor nw he is telling me to have a surgery.what it is exactly.i m having severe pain while defaection.please help
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Thanks for your query.
You need change your diet to obtain more soft stools, increase fruits, vegetables and fluid intake. You may continue your sitz bath with topical medicines and ask your doctor for stool softeners, analgesics. If this conservative treatments fails, then you definitely need follow your surgeon advice.
Take care.
Answered: Sat, 14 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor