Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Having metastatic breast cancer spread to bones. Pain in the hip area. Not on treatment. What care can I give?

My Mother inlaw is coming to our home for her last days. Metastic breast cancer now in her bones. Very painful in her hip/ groin area. She does not want to treat, she is ready to say good bye. We have hospice coming. We are hoping to get her pain managed and give her comfort care. She is 81 years Any information about how this may progress and length of time will help us provide the best quality care we can. We are not with out experience, my father lived with us for the last 2.5 yrs and died a few months ago at 96 years My husband cared for his father with ALS. I cared for my mother post a stroke and for my late husband who died of cancer age 58 Any information of what we may expect/encounter will help us. Thank you in advance YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your mother-in law's problem. Metastatic breast cancer with mets to the bones can cause a lot of pain to the patient and it usually does not respond to the usual analgesics. You can consult your oncologist and ask him to prescribe tramadol or morphine tablets for her. Unfortunately, there are no home remedies which work in this condition.

Hoping for the best.
Answered: Thu, 23 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor