my mother has nuerogenic bladder due to metastatic breast cancer involving the sacral spinal cord,she has urine retention,she have to put folleys catheter to drain urine out,& she developed recurrent UTI 3 times per month,Is there any medicines for prophlaxis UTI ,now she is taking chemotherapy
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I have read query for your mother.
* As per my clinical experience, following will support for recurrent UTI
- Hydration maintenance with plenty of liquids.
- Herbal supporters to boost the immunity with honey, turmeric powder in skimmed milk.
- Genital hygiene care.
- Control of blood sugar.
- Prophylactic antibiotic as nitrofurantoin or else as per the choice of your clinician.
- Sterility care in catheter use.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice. She can use cranberry jusice and cranberry tea . It is a very efficient urinary tract disinfectant. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
You found this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer.
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]