Can weight gain be due to breast cancer metastasizing into the neck?

Posted on Fri, 22 Sep 2017 in Cancer
Question: I have stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. The cancer spread from the cancer cells of my breast to my left chest wall, and left lymph nodes in my neck. I had 35 radiation treatments in 2013. In 2015 I found several lumps in the lymph nodes in the right side of my neck. Just recently I had a CT scan and ultra sound of my chest. My Oncologist told me that I had 2 lesions on the right side of my thyroid and a very suspicious growth in the lymph node under my thyroid. I am scheduled to see a surgeon on Sept. 11. I had been telling my doctor that I couldn't understand why I was gaining so much weight even though I live on yogurt. I am now on IBrance and Exemestane. I can't get him to give me a prognosis as it seems each month that I see him another cancer has been found. I had a complete mastectomy in 2008 with no treatment after the surgery. I hope that the surgeon will agree to remove my thyroid. Should I be on something different? The cancer is spreading quickly since 2015. Should I make the trip to XXXXXXX to be evalu
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello. You require evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the details. So you are suffering from recurrent ca breast. You require a petct and a biopsy of any one of the lesion and to look for ER and HER 2 status again. Depending upon the results, treatment can be fine tuned.
Weight gain can be due to thyroid disorder and thyroid fuction can be checked.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist