Suggest treatment for metastatic breast cancer

My mother in law has been having various tests recently for cancer and has been told it is breast cancer which is in her bones & liver. They also drained fluid from her lungs. There is no cure for this and she is to meet a consultant next week to discuss treatment. What happens now? How long can treatment work for?
Mon, 14 Aug 2017
Oncologist 's  Response
As you have mentioned it is evident that your mom in law has stage 4 cancer .it's non curable and intention of treatment is to increase the time to progression of the disease. The treatment would depend on physical state of the patient,hormone and Her2 receptor test report , burden of disease,her comorbidities etc. treatment would continue till our drugs can control the disease and till she can tolerate the toxicities.