Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Having lower back pain from few years. Diagnosed as spondylitis. Given neugaba 75mg. Treatment?

Myself Ramesh working as Asst prof. at private college. In the past few years i have low back pain then i consulted ortho specialist he diagnosed to take myoril 8 mg, ultracet, ethosine along with pantocid. but my backpain was not brought down later on he advised me to consult rheumatologist he initially diagnosed as spondylitis then after verifying with blood ESR report it won t. then he prescribed to take neugaba 75 mg along with pantocid.. still my back pain was not brought down but it was increasing day by day... Please do advise.. Thanks & regards, Ramesh.P.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Spine Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for the query. Medicines are never a permanent solution to the back problem. First of all it needs to establish what is the problem? is it muscle pain? is it discogenic back pain or pain from the facet joints in spine? I would suggest to get a MRI to diagnose the problem. In case of severe pain we give short course of pain medicine with physio modalities. Once the pain level come down we gradually start back muscle stretching and exercise. In case of spondylitis regular exercise is the way to stay pain free.Thanks.
Answered: Thu, 20 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor