Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Having intermittent blocked tear duct. Surgery recommended?

Would you recommend tear duct surgery for an intermittant blocked tear duct, 58 year old woman? I can have a good day, then a bad day with draining; mostly a couple of times in a day I have excessive tearing that is relieved for a few hours by just using a warm cloth a few minutes. Been going on for about a year. The other eye has taken it s turn too. But seems to have stopped. Could it be allergies? My opthamologist says surgery, my ENT says no to surgery. Wouldn t a blocked duct tear all the time?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear user
Intermittent blocked tear duct is common in females in 60-70 years age. It can undergo intermittent exacerberations causing watering. The treatment of choice is usually surgery in the form of dacryocystorhinostomy.
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor