Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed of tear duct blockage. Eye redness, dry eyes, watering eyes. What could be an alternate treatment?

My name is Raghbir Singh I am 50 years old. I have been to the hospital and they have contruted my diagnosis as tear duck blockage, redness of the eyes dryness in the eyes. Need glasses but can t wear them but sudden appearance of redness comes to eyes and they start watering. I m in desperate need of alternative treatments .
Asked On : Fri, 24 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hello Ragbir singh,
Tear duct blockage, redness of the eyes and watering of the eyes are because of inflammation of the structures in tear drainage system, most comonly involving the tear sac or lacrimal sac.
The treatment for the acute condition is mainly by drugs including antiinflammatory and antibiotic drugs and antibiotic eye drops.
However the definitive treatment is by opening the tear duct blockage depending on the site of blockage.
Since thew commonest site of blockage is in lacrimal sac, the commonest surgery required is dacryocystorhinostomy.
Please do consult your eye doctor for eye examination and advice accordingly.
Thank you
Answered: Sat, 3 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor