Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Having circular red rash with flaky white spots on thigh, pubic region. Suggest?

I have a circular red rash with flaky white spots and zits on my inner thigh and pubic region it doed not itch unless I am sweating I am very active where I work and I have been using fungal medication but ut has only aleveated the redness and has not gotten rid of the rash.... I have never had an std and am seriously scared... I have tried many different antifungal creams, powders and sprays which only seem to temporarily solve the problem and I do not want the woman I am seeing to leave me if she sees it... Help please!
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
This appears like a fungal infection.
What all medication you have applied can give relief just for a few days.
Here is my advice for you.
1. Apply oint clotrimazole in night and clotrimazole powder in day for atleast one month. Remember to use it for one month even if the itch stops, this will prevent recurrence.
2. Take an anti histamine for itch.
3. Dont share your towel or cloth with anyone, this can spread the disease. Also it can spread sexually. So better to avoid sexual intercourse for atleast 10 days, with regular medication.
Dont worry it is completly curable.
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor