Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Having brain cancer and psychotic break. Should I go for oncologists advice?

My daughter s husband has brain cancer and has recently been showing signs of what might be a psychotic break. He has accused everyone of hating him, stealing from him, of his wife cheating on him and trying to kill him by not giving him his medicine, confusing details of things that have or actually NOT happened but he is still driving. He is driving us all crazy now because you can t tell him what actually is happening. HELP!!
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Oncologist 's  Response
he definitely has psychotic problem and needs the help of psychiatrist. Frontal lobe tumors commonly cause such problems. Apart from treatment for brain tumor, which is mandatory for his survival, he also needs treatment for his psychological state. Appropriate medicines would reverse his condition to normancy. All his friends and relatives should understand his condition and extend their support in bringing him back to normal
Answered: Mon, 23 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor