Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Have thyroid. Getting irregular periods. Trying for a baby. Blood work shows no thyroid. What's going on?

I am a 39 years women who for the past eight months being getting her period every 15 days. I am a bit concerned as this has never happen to me. I have three children and would like to try for another child. Also, I was once told by the Doctor that I had tyroid, but i retook blood test again, being told it disappeared. Please help
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
hello dear
shortening of menstrual cycle is called polymenorrhgia. and it coiuld be a symptom of hyperthroidism. hence repeat the the blood levels of TSH , T3 and T4. but since you are 39 year old, irregular period can be due to uterine causes . hence you are adviced to under go ultrasound abdomen and consult gynaecologist for further management.
take care
Answered: Mon, 2 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
you are having irregular periods and to conceive the period should be regular .
It seems your thyroid tests were done while you were on thyroid medicine and that will give normal readings . be sure of your thyroid status .please consult gynecologist and discuss .get check up and investigations to have proper diagnosis and treatment to bring your normal cycle back .
Answered: Mon, 2 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor