Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Have tender cheek. Under skin, colorless, acne look. What should be done?

Hi, Doctor, thanks for reading my question. I experience some sort of tenderness on my cheek. It's usually not raised but if I rub it , it can look like I have an acne. It's usually under the skin and colorless of not provoked by pinching or touching. I can feel a little pain when I try to squeeze it but usually not puss either. Could you kindly advice me what my case is and how to do and what not?

Thank you Doctor
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
thanks for your query.
From what you mention , you may be suffering from nodule-cystic acne.these are deep seated in the skin.Might be single or multiple in numbers and can be palpated better ;may be not seen as well.
This would require treatments with antibiotics orally or retinoids ,so you should check with a dermatologist.
Other reasons why the cheek area is erythematous may be due to Rosacea ,where you see 'flushing' or erythema depending on certain stimuli.
Erythema in the malar (cheek )region is sometimes a sign of underlying connective tissue disorders and should be correlated with systemic symptoms as well.
In all of the above cases, using a broad spectrum sunscreen with at least SFP 30 is recommended,hence would advise you doing the same.
Hope this is helpful.Take care!
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Dermatologist Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia's  Response
Dec 2013
Hi Mary,
Welcome to HCM.
According to your history it appears it is either of the two:
1. White Heads ( Closed comedones) - Type of acne arising by blockage of oil gland
2. Milia- A whitish bead like structure arising from blockage of sweat gland. In the beginning it is not very much visible and under the skin.
Any how the only thing you should do is - Kindly do not try to squeeze or pinch it, as it may lead to a spot or secondary infection.
If it increase in size then can meet a dermatologist who can extract it in few seconds only!!
hope to have a healthy skin.
Dr Sanjay K Kanodia
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor