Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Have swollen earlobes. Had gauged my ears. What should I do?

I had recently gauged my ears a few days ago. My earlobes are now very swollen and look as if im having an allergic reaction , in which im not since ive gauged before and nothing happened. My earlobes, a few hours ago, were perectly fine, but before i go to bed i usually clean them to prevent infection. I then noticed that my ears were getting a little swollen, but usually when you gauge your ears they tend to swell just a small amount. I then continued to watch my condition being concerned about them. They are now very swollen and i have no clue what i should do. Please help?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

You may be having an infection of your ear lobe which is very common especially when you meddle with them. If they are swollen and painful then you need to take a course of anti biotics and anti inflammatory medications and also apply a strong anti septic cream on the area.

Next time be more careful while pricking or meddling with your ear lobe and also wear only clean and pure jewelery which do not react much with your skin. Wait for the infection to subside completely before putting any ear rings. This may three weeks to even one or two months but there should be no signs of infection.

take care of your ear

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Fri, 16 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor