Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Have swelling in liver. Have fatty liver. Is it serious?

Hey doctor,
I am suffering from fatty liver with hepatomegaly in going stage 1 to stage 2.I was a regular drinker for about five years.Now I am not drinking from previous 15 days.Currently I m on simple diet,specialy sujested by doctor, 2 Days before I went to my doctor and he suggested some test like LFT,Hepatitis and stool test all are normal,there is no chronic and no cirrhosis but I am suffering from dull pain in my right side due to swelling in liver.current liver size is 17cm.For 2-3 days i m taking beat im my diet in juice today evening i had red stool(loose motion).
Is it because of beat or any thing serious.

Vinay kumar
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  174
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM. Thankyou for your querry.
This is only mild hepatomegaly and first stage of fatty liver so u you dont have to be very concerned. it is still completely reversible. In the beginning it is treated by changing lifestyle and dietary habbits and this is usually enough. SOmetimes certain medicines can be prescribed. Of course avoiding alcohol ,fats and toxic drugs is obligatory. Loose motion can be caused by fatty liver,this shouldnt worry you. Just do often lft check ups and see is there improvement.
WOish you good health.
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor