Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Have shingles, red foreskin and penis head. Remedy?

Hi Doc, I have a couple of issues that need to be explained. First of all I am in the process of a shingles episode. I have also had to have a boil lanced that had developed on my back. I have been given antibiotics for the boil and acyclovir for the shingles. During this episode I now have a red foreskin and penis head. The head seems to be peeling away the wvery top layer of skin. This results in the dead skin collecting under the foreskin. When I pull the foreskin back the results of the dead skin is very evident. I wash the area complete two or three times a day. I try to leave the foreskin retractred but due to being loose it slids back into position shortly. What do I need to do short of circumcision to remedy this penis and foreskin irritation. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  329
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concern. You should visit with a dermatologist if it does not help to keep the area dry and clean because of your prepucial skin. It is easier to get a circumcision done and I hope you give it a serious thought. It would be suggested to use local antiviral cream as well. I am thinking that you might be able to get it over the counter i.e. acyclovir cream. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor