Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Have severe back pain. Had two surgeries for spine conjunction. Advised for surgery now. What to do?

My father got two operation at CMC vellore 5yrs back...due to some spine conjuction .One is on cervical spine and after 7 month one in Lumbar spine..After relieving some pain for some yr now he got severe pain in back and now doctor in Odisha suggest to go for an operation which need two plate at LS-4.I need to know whether it is advisable or we should consult other doctor.

Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
From the description provided it seems that your father is having a severe degenerative disc disease. The gradual progression of the problem has caused the further compression and the surgeon has suggested a surgical treatment for him.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Fri, 3 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor