Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Have rheumatoid arthritis. Underwent knee transplant. Had a broken femur bone. What can I do?

Doctor I am a 68 year old male with rheumatoid arthritis since 25 years. I have undergone a knee transplant 20 years ago. Last December I had a fall and brokemy femur bone . I got operated and they put 2 implants to support the fracture . Now I have been diagnosed with an infection - enterobaccus cocci faecalis. What should I do, pls advise.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Now if there is infection i am afraid we have to remove the implant and do proper debridement of the tissue and put a external fixator. I would suggest you to send me your recent x rays and i can offer you better advice. if there is any pus discharge is coming then there is no point in keeping your implant inside because no drugs will work on it.
Answered: Sat, 10 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor