Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Have problem with periods. What could it be?


I have had very regular periods of 30 days but was diagnosed with PCOS two years ago after my abortion (my baby had anencephaly). I have been trying for another baby since but had a chemical pregnancy 4 months after. I was due to have my period on April 15 but on April 12, I experienced light brown discharge (only when I wiped) and on April 14, I had very dark brown (almost black) discharge. Please advise..
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
With the history an anomalous pregnancy and a chemical abortion, I would ask you to go for genetic counselling before you plan to conceive again. As far as PCOD is concerned, you should get a complete hormonal profile, glucose tolerance test, trans-vaginal sonogram, serum prolactin and DHEAS levels, and a tubal patency test. You may need a laparoscopic cyst rupture if ovarian cysts are diagnosed. You may need priming with dexamethasone before inducing ovulation along with timed intercourse and/or IUI. You may need hormonal supplementation. You would need weight management and healthy diet. Hope you find this information useful. Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 26 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor