Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have painful mole on hip. Diagnosed as Harpik. What is it and healing time?

Good morning sir, one of my relative have got some mole on hip n other sides of hip..she s in desprate said that she s suffering from a disease named HARPIK...would you like to suggets that wht kind of diesease is this? and how ong it;ll take to heal. regards Sandip shekhar Email ID- YYYY@YYYY Bihar, India
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello Sandip..Thanks for the query
From your description, I assume that the diagnosis made by the doctor is Herpes. Two possibilities :
1)Herpes Zoster :This is a painful, blistering skin rash due to the varicella-zoster virus, the virus that causes chickenpox the virus remains inactive in certain nerves in the body. It occurs after the virus becomes active again years later. It may develop in any age group but you are more likely to develop in Elderly or people with weakened immune system.Most frequently,an antiviral drug is prescribed. This drug helps reduce pain, prevent complications, and shorten the course of the disease. Acyclovir, famciclovir, and valacyclovir may be used.
The medications should be started within 72 hours of symptoms like pain/burning. It is best to start taking them before the blisters appear.Analgesics are advised to control pain and inflammation.Herpes zoster usually clears up in 2 to 3 weeks and rarely recurs.
2) Herpes genitalis: Genital herpes is a common and highly contagious infection usually spread through sexual intercourse. Usually this infection is caused by the herpes simplex virus-2.People who have an initial outbreak following a genital HSV infection can expect recurrences.Ant viral drugs are given in brief course (seven to 10 days) to relieve symptoms or prevent them from getting worse. Physicians also prescribe an antiviral drug to keep on hand in case of another flare-up; this is called intermittent therapy .If outbreaks are often, one may be considered for taking an antiviral drug longer for suppression therapy.
Hope this helps..Take care!
Answered: Wed, 27 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor