Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Have pain ribs, back and spine. Am pregnant. Reason?

Hi. I am almost twenty weeks pregnant. My first baby. I have extreme painsin my ribs and directly in the middle. The pain has now spread to my back and spine between my shoulder blades. Its vey painful and neither sitting standing or laying down help. Please please could you give me an answer as to what is wrong. Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
Some amount is discomfort is common during late pregnancy due to increasing size of the uterus.
The possible cause is regurgitation of the food leading to esophagitis usually that can relive to some extent with antacids.
But as you are having severe pain better to consult gynecologist once to rule out serious conditions like cardiac problem and get examined to find out the possible cause for your problem.
Take care.

Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor