Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Have had internal hemorrhoid after anal sex. Is it okay to remove it surgically?

Hello, I m a 28 year old woman. I have had internal hemoroyds due to anal sex which I have then removed at the doctor. I am left with an anal skin tag now that is killing my sex life although i gave up doing anal but still I want it gone. Is it ok to remove it surgically or will it leave me with anal fissure & incontinence like some doctors told me . I would do anything for it to look like before & no scars will remain in time . Please help me!!!
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Usually skin tag is associated with anal fissure. Internal haemorrhoid is not associated with skin tag. If skin tag is only superficial and outside the sphincter mechanism then removing it surgically will not cause incontinence or fissure. However there might be small scar left after removal of skin tag. please check with a colorectal surgeon to know the exact nature of skin tag as it be decided only after thorough examination.
Answered: Thu, 17 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor