Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Have had average BP readings. Been smoking and drinking and having sex. How can I regulate my BP?

ive had average bp readings of 90/160 thru 105/170 for about 2 months now. im 46 hispanic male ,5ft 8in tall at 180 lbs, smoke 1cigarette pack a month, drink drink a beer or two not more a day, eat somewhat healthy, ride a bike 30 miles a week, and have always had a bp of 120/70 until recently. recent changes in the last 3 monthshave been ive added a girlfriend with ptsd , i take libido-max pills as recommended on a daily basis we have sex all night and i go work construction all day with 2-3hrs sleep then do it all over again.should i see a doctor or will getting rid of the girl bring bp back to normal?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and thanks for the query
To get back your BP to normal range you have to follow certain lifestyle changes:
1. Remove stress as much as you can.
2. Take a sleep of 6-8 hours daily.
3. Reduce your weight and maintain it according to your height.
4. Stop smoking and alcohol.
5. Avoid fatty and oily food.
6. Restrict salty diet. and do exercise on daily basis.

Now presently you have to go to your doctor for proper medication to get control over your BP. Once it is under control than by following life style changes you can reduce or stop your medication by consulting your doctor.
Best Wishes
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor