Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Have excessive burping, dry heaves and spasm in throat. Had accident on chest. Cure?

Dear Doctor: Two years ago I wiped out on my bike. The handle bars struck me in the chest just below the breast bone. Since then I have been suffering from excessive burping and dry heaves. The symptoms are getting worse, not better over time. There s a chronic sensation in my throat , like a spasm , that leads me to gag uncontrollably. Please help.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  236
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
It sounds as though you have injured your diaphragm , your symptoms fit a hernia and subsequent reflux into the esophagus . You need to see a surgeon whom can perform a gastroscopy and/or have a barium meal done. They then need to decide whether surgery is needed or conservative treatment . Please do not delay as there may be long term complications if left untreated.
I trust this helps you.
Answered: Wed, 27 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor