Bloating, burping, flatulence, rash on face, forehead. Applying moisturizer. Due to stomach infection?

Good evening, I had a recent bout of what my GP described as gastro virus. Symptoms were bloating , severe cramping with constant burping and flatulence . No vomiting or diarrhoea. I had feverish feelings but no high temp. This lasted for 4 days and is thankfully almost gone. The day I went to my GP (4th day) I was developing a rash on my face and forehead . I thought it might be the stress of the previous days and nights. My GP didnt have an opinion. This has gotten somewhat worse. It is not itchy but has a burning sensation and very noticeboard. I was wondering if this might be an after effect of my stomach ailment or something else. I have been applying a mild moisturiser with no effect as yet. Thank you for any advice.
Sat, 20 Apr 2019