Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Have eating disorder. Gotten worse. Why am I suck more often?

hello, i have an eating disorder problem and it has gotten really bad i started about 4 months ago, i was a healthy person but i wanted to lose weight but i couldnt so i started eating 500 calories a day and as time passed by istarted to eat less or at that range my mom started to notice and i was denying it because i didnt realize that something was wrong with me, i fainted once and thats when my mom was very afraid and my grandparents so i started to hide food and all that but then i came back from summer and i school started and i started to binge so much i felt sick all the time and it was 5 days then i would binge and now its almost every 2 days and it makes me feel so sick i cant look at my self i never go out with anyone anymore i just come back from school and stay in my bed crying of what ive become yesterday i barely ate anything and today i ate un normally that my breath is getting heavy.sometimes i tell my self i will start being healthy but i cant i was wondering if you could help me with it and if a psychatrist is what i need or a differently specialized doctor
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question...

You definitely seem to be suffering from an eating disorder. I appreciate your initiative to seek help. A psychiatrist is the right doctor who can help you with this problem. Treatment is available to overcome your problem, in the form of medication and counselling. The earlier you initiate treatment, the better will be the outcome. So, please consult a psychiatrist for professional help at the earliest.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Mon, 15 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Do not worry at all. You dont need a psychiatrist as you yourself are aware of what is wrong with you. First get the concept clear, the calorie requirement per day is 2500-3000 kcal for one person. You have not mentioned your age, but you said you go to school. Its very early for you to think of weight loss or gain.
If you want to loose weight go systematic:
1.Only diet control is of no use for controlling weight. You need to get involved in physical activity like jogging, cycling, swimming, skipping,rowing etc. Play outdoor games that is the best way you can get back to your health.
2. Break and take your meals 5 times in a day. This will increase your BMR(basal metabolic rate) and you will digest things fast, and put on less weight.
3. Reduce fatty foods like bizza/burger/cheese etc.
4. Dont ever skip your breakfast.
5. Dont consume carbohydrate after 8pm.
6.Have lot of green vegetables/fruits/sprouted vegetables in your diet.
7. Since now so many days you arent eating properly take vitamin, iron and calcium supplements for atleast 3 months to see instant results.

Stop thinking and start with a great motivation towards health. You soon will see the difference.
I hope this answers your question.
Wish you a good health.
Answered: Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor