Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Have diverticulosis, diarrhea, pain and vomiting. Is laparoscopy available?

I have diverticulosis , and having lots of trouble with diarrhea , pain, and vomiting . I have taken the meds and recently had scoping of my stomach , and nothing showed up. I am interested in surgery because I ve had 3 occurences in the last 4 months. I would like to know if laparascopic surgery available, or do they do the incision?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for placing your query on Health Care Magic
Laparoscopic surgery is available for diverticulosis. But it important to determine two things. First is whether surgery is indicated and second whether you are a candidate for laparoscopic surgery. For extensive diverticulosis, laparoscopic surgery may not be feasible. At times we can do, what you call a lap assisted surgery in which incision is given but is very small. Contact a surgeon for the same
Answered: Mon, 5 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor