Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Have diabetes. Done ultrasonography. Reports show random blood glucose level. What disease is this?

hi Doc i m a 54 year old female. i m a diabetic person, recently my reports saying that my blood glucose level random =240,urine reaction = acidic, albumin = traces, pus cell=25-30/HPF, epith cells=3-4/HPF, bacteria =present , the ultrasonographic report indicating a single mobile calculus apprx.=9mm in sizeseen in lumen. kindly suggest the type of disease and line of treatment
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Random blood sugar level means sugar level in blood at any time of the day and it is other than fasting ( done in morning in empty stomach ) and PP ( done in the morning 2 hours after taking your breakfast ).
It clearly means that you are not taking care of your sugar levels and your diabetes is uncontrolled.
Pus cells in urine indicate infection in the urinary tract along with a stone in either your kidney or ureter.
What to do...
Consult your doctor and get urine culture done and then take proper antibiotics for that.
Control your sugar levels which require a revision of your prescription of your anti diabetic medicines along with dietary control and regular exercises.
Consult a nephrologist and plan the treatment of your stone in kidney/ ureter.
You must act urgently as urinary tract infection in the presence of uncontrolled diabetes may travel upwards and cause kidney infection and it's damage.
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Vedhas Nimkar's  Response
from your reports, you seem to have poor glycemic control. It would be wise to see your diabetologist so that dose of your diabetes medicines can be adjusted.
Also you are having a kidney stone and urinary tract infection. You should consult a physician who may start with appropriate therapy after detailed evaluation.
Answered: Fri, 22 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor