Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Have deep purple colored bruise on left leg on the, no pain. Should i be concerned?

I have a bruise on my left leg on the back side, right underneath my knee where my leg bends on the outer left side, it is a very deep purple and has no pain associated with it, it is recurring though and the size is not always the same but always the same color. My calf only on my left side as well is sore like I have been working out. I have no bruises or soreness in my right leg...should I be seen for this?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  385
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
A spontaneous appearing bruise without any history of injury to the area with an intermittent pain can be due to a platelet disorder or a deep vein thrombosis. You need to get it examined by your physician for proper treatment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Fri, 7 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor