Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have black spots on back with sunburn. Tried washing. Should I see a dermatologist?

I am female 23 years old and I went out in the sun and sand today. Now there are tiny grain like black spots on my shoulder accompanying a sunburn that does not sting. I tried to wash them off but they seem to lie on top if the skin I've put on a moisturizer. Should I see a dermatologist or wait and see if it goes away for a few days?
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  210
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi ,
Thanks for writing in.
The sun burn spots are resistant and go away slowly.
You can apply a good quality moisturizer along with low strength steroid like hydrocortisone for few days .
A visit to dermatologist will allow proper examination and treatment.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Fri, 31 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor