Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have black dots in eye, forming circle, parent has glaucoma. What to do?

I have a black round dot in my left eye, which sometimes i can see 2 other dots all joining by a squiggly line forming a circle. I am worried as my mother has a rare type of glaucoma which can not be treated. Iam only 23 and very scared for my eye sight if i try to focus on the dots, it will either disappear or float downwards please can a doctor give me any help?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
dots or lines in front of the eye are known as floaters.can be due to vitreous degeneration or traction in myopes,inflammation or you have family history of glaucoma you should haved dilated fundus examination n pressure measurement done at regular interval.floaters are more common in diabetics which is unlikely in ur age.glaucoma is associated with coloured haloes, you should seek consultationif it occurs immediately
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor