Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Have bilateral chronic kidney disease and minimal ascites. Low hemoglobin and high fever. What should I do?

my brother is 34 years old and he is suffering from bilateral chronic kidney disease and minimal ascites . He has been on dialysis for the past 3 days . Before the urea and creatinine was 274 and 15 after the second dialysis the urea and creatinine is 147 and 10. During the process he keeps getting high fever as high as 104 degree C and his hemoglobin is the same 6.1 which is very less. what should i do?
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query
1) Low haemoglobin is common in patients on dialysis. This needs treatment in the form of erythropoietin and iron injections under the supervision of your nephrologist. He may also transfuse blood if required
2) The cause of fever can only be determined by careful examination of the patient and review of all blood and imaging tests.
Hope this helps
Good luck.
Answered: Tue, 13 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor