Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Have asthmatic bronchitis. Chest pain after getting lettuce stuck in throat. Should I go back to the doctor?

I currently have a bout with asthmatic bronchitis and last night during dinner I got a piece of lettuce stuck in my throat which caused me to start choaking. It took all I could do to try to breath some air without letting this food piece go down any further and catch enough breath to be able to cough it up. I had to run outside to feel fresh air while having a violent coughing attack which is when I started to get inmense chest pains accompanied with sharp sensation of needles and pins throughout my chest and shoulders. After spitting out the food piece I stayed coughing litely and the needeles and pins lasted for a few minutes longer. I can t explain what happened to me but that now when I cough even the slightest bit that hot, stinging sensation comes on me again. Should I go back to my MD who had put me on meds for the bronchitis that day.?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
After going through your history,you are already having asthmatic bronchitis in which your tracheo-broncheal tree is hypersensitive and due to foreign body you got so much discomfort.
I can understand that you should check once with your Physician to see everything is fine he will examine air entry to both the lungs is equal or not and is it necessary to get a X ray again to see any complication.
In the mean time continue to take your medicines for asthma and any inhalers or oral medicines given to you.
Bronchitis if you smoke it is absolutely no for you.
Take care
Good luck.
Answered: Mon, 31 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor