Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Have anal fissure, constipation, pain during bowel movement. Curable without surgery?

i am 23 yr old girl.i am having annal fissure and constipation more than 1 month.having lot of pain when bowel movement and also tube like structure is present in anus .Is it curable without surgery? Now i am taking Lubowell 24. Is it enough for this? Is that tube like structure cut off automatically orelse need a surgery to remove this?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
No surgery is usually necessary for anal fissures. These fissures usually result from chronic constipation, so the first step would be to make sure you are moving your bowels regularly without straining, therefore you need to be on a regular dose of laxatives (such as miralax) plus stool softeners (such as colace). These are over the counter.
Lubowell may help but sometimes it is not enough. Sometimes a prescription cream needs to be added to help the healing of the fissure (such a nitroglycerin rectal cream), however you would need to be seen by a gastroenterologist or colorectal surgeon. I don't know what you mean by a tube like structure (maybe a skin tag, a polyp, a condyloma?), but you probably need to be evaluated by either of these doctors.
hope that helps
Answered: Sat, 15 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor