Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Have acute acne problems. Taking benzoyl peroxide and clinamax gel. It would reoccur if i stop using. Is there any permanent solutions for acne?

Thank you. I'm 35 years old and still has acute acne problems. Tried a combination of benzoyl peroxide and clinamax gel. However, did not work for long. Once I stop using it acne or pimples would reoccur. Besides, I cannot use these medicines for long as I developed eye allergy and my ophthalmologist asked me to stop using them. Is there any permanent solutions for acne?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi Manju,
Thanks for writing to us.
Acne beyond the age of thirty can be due to hormonal issues, use of comedogenic cosmetics or due to facials. So firstly you should meet a dermatologist and get your hormonal profile done. Topical application of benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin gel would not help in controlling acne alone. You need oral drugs too. Oral anti androgens when combined with oral antibiotics gives good results. Isotretinoin taken orally also helps but as you have eye allergy, you should not take it. Isotretinoin can lead to dry eyes which can aggravate your eye problem.
Hope that helps.
Take care
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor