Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have a skin pock that is itchy on my groin area. It s itchy. What it is or if it s anything to worry about ?

I have a skin pock that is itchy on my groin area (female) and when the skin is dry, it's white. It's almost oval in shape (pinky tip sized) and I thought it originally started out as an ingrown hair. It had been under the skin and it must have broke at some point, never looked at it then. Had ingrown hairs before and they healed ok. I don't know if the rubbing of my underwear has prevented it from healing properly. It's itchy. and the skin around it is slightly raised. I shave the area. I have no idea what it is or if it's anything to worry about. What are the possibilities? I don't have any other ones nor have I ever had an std ever. Currently in a monogamous long term pregnant, Noticed it almost a week ago now.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
There are two possibilties.
1. you might be suffering from fungal infection.
2. ingrown hair, as the pubic area is hairy and even hair follicles are wider.
Please apply a combination of antifungal cream with steroid.
This will provide you some relief.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Mon, 10 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor