Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have a red bump on the skin of scrotum. Have this for the first time. What could be this ? What is the remedy?

Hello. I have a red bump on my scrotum, on the skin that sits in between the testes and penis. I noticed it about four days ago. It is not painful but sore when touched. It got a bit bigger over the last day but I noticed when I woke up this morning that it had gotten smaller and I guess when I was showering earlier, I accidentally popped it and now white puss like stuff is coming out of it. Still no pain but still also sore when I touch it. I am 18 years old and have never been sexually active so I have no clue as to what this may be or how to get it to go away.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  7
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. The bump on your scrotum needs to be examined. However, from the description of the lump it would seem to me that you are having a non painful lesion that is getting bigger over time, and fits with the diagnosis of molluscum contagiosum. However since you also mention that you had pus in the lesion it could also have been folliculitis. Please consult a dermatologist or a venerologist to help with your condition.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Thu, 13 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor