Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Have PCOD and gestational diabetes. Taking duphaston and f-gam. Dos this causes any birth defect in baby?

i am 31 years old. I had a first issue in 2011 but unfortunately lost my baby due to heart problem. I have gestational diabetis. Now my fasting sugar is 102 and PP is 110. Again now i am trying for a baby but still finding difficult. I have PCOD and i was on medication . Now doctor gave me orgamed daily 1 for 10 days, clome-50 from day 3 of periods for 5 days, duphaston daily 1 from day 16 for 10 days and f-gam daily 1 till pregnancy comes. I would like to know whether these medicine cures my pcod? Does these medicines leads to any birth defect if ii concieve on these medicines? please help me..
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The medicines you have been prescribed are to induce an ovulation so teat you can conceive. These do not cure PCOD but help in conception in spite of the disease.
If you conceive with the help of these medicines, these are not likely to affect your baby. Please do not worry.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Wed, 29 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor