Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Have MRI report. Can any online doctor help me in reading it?

Hi I injuried my self on the job in February and I went to therpy because they diagnoised it with a strain .I just recently had a mri and its showingL5-S1 mild degerative disk disease,disk disiccation, moderate loss of disk height and a small broad basr right disk protusuiin causing mild central stenois abutting but no displacing the right S1 nerve root , and along with the disk space narrowing there is mild moderate bilateral foraminal stenois.Now they still want to do therpy,can this be cured?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

Your report suggests that you have age related degenerative changes in spine at L5-S1 level.There is also dehydration of disc and moderate loss in disc height.

There is small broad protrusion of disc in right side and it is causing mild central canal stenosis. It is abutting but not displacing right S1 nerve root.Besides disc narrowing there is mild to moderate bilateral foramen stenosis.

Your condition can be treated by physiotherapy or operation.
Long term results of both modalities are same.
So,physiotherapy should be tried first.
Also you should avoid abrupt forward bending and avoid lifting heavy objects.
Get well soon.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan
Answered: Sat, 26 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor