Have BP issues, dizziness, nervousness, anxiety. On low dose of Atenolol. Why do I have rapid heart beat?

I have been on the lowest dose possible of Atenolol 12.5mg daily for my blood pressure for about a 1.5 years, before this I was on Metapropol. But recently lost 23 pounds over the span of a year and was experiencing real bad dizzy spells. My blood pressure has been real good, even a little low, so my doctor told me to stop the Atenolol last week. Since I stopped I have been experiencing my heart racing and a kind of nervousness in my chest and body. Is this from the Atenolol? I suffer from anxiety anyways, not on medicine for it, but was wondering if getting off the Atenolol can cause anxiety??
Tue, 19 Nov 2013