Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Has one sided headache. What medicine should I give? Is fewerfew herb helpful?

Hi Doctor, my niece is suffering from one sided headache . What medicine should i give her? She had a headache since she was 12 or 13 years. Please advise Doctor. i think she has migraine headache but i am not sure. is my assumption right doctor? When i searched through google, i went through a medicine named fewerfew herb. Is it helpful , doctor? Please help me.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query,

She may be having migraine headache. You may consult a local neurologist for the evaluation. Medications that will be helpful are topiramate, valproate, propranolol. You need rest, relaxation, regular food/sleep habit. I do not think that you should use these herbs.

Hope this clarifies
Best wishes
Dr Gopal K Dash MD, DM, Post-doctoral fellowship (Epilepsy)
Consultant Neurologist and Epilepsy specialist
Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospital, Bangalore
My Blog in the Web site:
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor