Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Hard pale scab on my scalp. How to cure it?

I have a hard pale scab on my scalp. It is very well attached. I can peel or pick it off and it just comes back. No itching just a hard spot that gets sore after bothering with it. I get the same condition after a wound heals if i bother with the scab. It always goes away if I leave it alone but the one on the scalp seems to be permanant. Not sure how to deal with it.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
There are two conditions which may present like this.
1.Actinic keratosis
2.Seborrheic keratosis
The first condition is pre malignant,
You might need a biopsy to confirm diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

please meet a dermatologist for final diagnosis
Thank you
Answered: Sun, 9 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor