Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Hard lump near anus, appears after constipation, pus-filled. Worried

i have a hard lump to the right of my anus . it first occured 3 months ago. the swelling has gone down significantly and now it causes no discomfort. It first appeared after a few days of constipation . There is no bleeding, but puss still comes out. From what i ve read sounds like hemmoroids, but i m worried that it could be prostrate cancer ..
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  190
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

From your description it does not sound like a cancer. Cancerous tissue is usually very hard, prone to bleed after a touch, does not cause a pain, grows slowly and constantly.
Your lump can be caused by rectal-skin fistula (seems more probable) or it is just a hemorrhoid.

Rectal-skin fistula is a pathological connection between skin and rectum what causes tissues inflammation and leads to an abscess. Such abscess can get drained by itself (what has most likely happen at your case) so the pain goes away. However as you still have some pus discharge, the fistula is still active.

That is why I suggest you to visit general surgeon, have rectal examination and rectosigmoidoscopy (or MRI) done.
Some incision might be necessary.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor