Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex with two, HIV test negative, no symptoms. Should I go for STD test ?

helo doctor i want to ask you that i had sex with 2 girls with out condom and i know both of them and we did our hiv test and its negative but i still want to know if i still need to go for STD? i dnt think i have any symptons but still need your suggestion do i go for STD test? for my peace of mind so which test will cover all ?
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there. Am assuming you mean you had a 'threesome' ie the sex was a one time thing with these two girls or is it that you had sex with each separately on two different occasions? If you have no symptoms, then you dont have anything to worry about...especially as you say you 'know' these two girls & hence can ask them if they have had any prior history of STD's. There is no single test that will cover 'all' STD's. Since you have already done a test for HIV, for your peace of mind, do a urine-routine test & an STS (VDRL/TPI/TPHA) for syphilis & you may do a serum IgG & IgM test for herpes virus; chlamydia too but a touch more difficult to spot in males..serum tests all. Cheers & Good luck. I presume you have heard the adage 'spare the rod & spoil the child'..a similar analogy can be applied where your tryst with the condom is concerned!
Answered: Tue, 28 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor