Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Had some discomfort in groin, lower back pain. What can be done?

I'm 40. Male. Don't drink or smoke. I've had some discomfort in my groin for a short time. I've also had some lower back pain but that occurred after lifting something (and don't have a very good mattress). Now I have a metallic taste in my mouth and some right side discomfort. I don't have health insurance but am planning to go to a clinic this evening. I have a slight headache as well. I am reasonably fit (ran a 24:30 5K last weekend).
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain in the groin with discomfort in the back could be related to a hip joint pathology or a disc degeneration at the level of lumbar spine. An MRI scan will help in proper diagnosis.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Wed, 19 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor