Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Had hurt shin and had stitches. Have hard lump above entry site. Advice?

I hurt my shin a couple of weeks ago playing football (soccer) in which I had to have a couple of stitches. After I had the stitchea out I got an infection which has now cleared up and the site where a stud went into my leg is a lot better. However, I can feel a hard lump just above the entry site and further down my leg where the boot has scraped down my leg.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi you might have developed would infection leading to abscess which has partially drained. You have to keep the wound clean without falling dust and water. I will advise you to consult general practitioner and take his opinion. Daily dressing and antibiotics are needed for wound to heal. thank you for your query and get well soon.
Answered: Sun, 21 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.
From description it seems that abscess at stitch lie site is partially drained, so that you still feel lump over there.It is better to consult your doctor for proper examination of injury site and for proper drainage and appropriate treatment.
Hope this will helps you. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Answered: Mon, 22 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor